Sowwy to my fellow plant-based foodies, but my sis requested a NOT vegan banana post-exam so I jumped at the opportunity to make it for her!
She was SO excited that she stood in front of the oven as the last minute counted down & devoured it hot straight out of the pan! #realtalk!! I didn’t try it obvi, but it has her seal of approval!
Here’s my GLUTEN & GRAIN-FREE BANANA BREAD – the texture is on point: moist, chewy, spongy but crumbly on the outside! It’s made with coconut flour & a few other wholesome ingredients! No refined sugar, grains, gluten or dairy necessary!
Benefits of coconut flour:
- low-carb & higher in fibre than other gluten free flours
- high protein
- low glycemic, so it doesn’t cause spikes in blood sugar
- source of electrolytes (calcium, selenium, phosphorus, potassium, manganese), which lower blood pressure & eliminate toxins/metals
- great for gut health & digestion
- full of amino acids, which help with muscle growth, circulation, provide antioxidants, fight cell damage & boost hair, skin & nail health
- rich in collagen-boosting vitamin C & B-complex vitamins (great for cognitive function & metabolism)
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a loaf pan with parchment.
- Mash the bananas & add them to a bowl with the other ingredients until combine & a batter is formed. Keep some banana chunks in there!
- Fold in the chocolate, if adding.
- Pour the batter in the pan & bake for 40-43 minutes or until golden brown & a knife comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing & enjoy!
- Store @ room temp. for 3-4 days or in the fridge to last longer!