Finally tried the tigernut flour by Organic Gemini & boy am I happy I did!! These cookies are chewy texture goals & packed with all the amazing benefits of tigernuts!
Tigernuts are one of my fave prebiotic foods! They’re actually not a nut, but a root/plant, making them safe for people with nut allergies!
- high in antioxidants, vitamin E & oleic acid: boost immunity, promote cell renewal, heal skin & fight disease
- amazing source of prebiotic fibre: crucial for digestion, rids the body of toxins, waste, fat accumulation & cholesterol particles & feeds good bacteria living in your gut, not to mention it keeps you full, protects the heart, prevents diabetes & curbs sugar cravings (they’re higher in fibre than quinoa & chia seeds!)
- antibacterial & relieves bloating
- high in potassium: good for electrolyte & hydration balance, muscle recovery, preventing soreness & maintaining healthy blood pressure
- high in iron, fighting anemia & boosting energy levels
- lowers levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad kind)
- source of magnesium, zinc & B6, contains some plant protein & anti-inflammatory healthy fats!
These cookies are delish, nutritious & totally customizable!
They’re grain & gluten-free, refined sugar free & made with simple real wholesome ingredients!
Customize them by adding coconut, chocolate chunks or any nut, seed/dried fruit of choice!
I actually made these cookies twice, once they came out chewier, but flatter & less pillowy & the second time, with just the simple addition of baking powder, they came out a lot more pillowy with more of a crumble, but still absolutely delicious & scrumptious!
HERE’S THE RECIPE FOR THE CHEWIER VERSION:
PRO TIP: KEEP THEM IN THE FREEZER FOR A COOKIE THAT TASTES LEGIT LIKE RAW COOKIE DOUGH!
- 1/2 cup organic tigernut flour
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (use coconut or sunflower seed butter if nut-free)
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. gelatinized maca
- 1/2 cup pure organic maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper (keep in mind they spread!).
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl & mix until combined.
- Use a spoon to drop the batter onto the sheet & bake for 13-14 minutes until tops are browned & cracked!
- Let cool & enjoy!
HERE’S THE RECIPE FOR THE MORE PILLOWY VERSION:
This weekend, I made MACA TIGERNUT FLOUR COOKIES & I’m happy to say, they’re all gone… we devoured them, in case you’re wondering, so naturally, I made a fresh new (read: double) batch!
They’re delicious, nutritious, chewy, healthy AF & the perfect snack, but the one thing that I wanted to perfect was how pillowy they are! I doubled the batch & added baking powder & let me tell you, it did the trick! Now they’re PERFECTION!
If you don’t have tigernut flour, you can substitute it for almond or hazelnut flour/meal! You can also throw in chocolate chips, nuts, seeds or shredded coconut!
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 2 tbsp. gelatinized maca or other protein/collagen/superfood powder of your choice
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 cup pure organic maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- Optional add-ins
- Preheat oven to 350F & line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Keep in mind the cookies will spread!
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until the batter is uniform. Fold in add ins of choice.
- Spray the baking sheets with coconut oil & drop spoonfuls of dough onto the sheets.
- Bake for 12 min. until edges & tops are crisp, browned & cracked!Remove from the oven & let cool & firm up!