When you’re plant based & you want your quinoa salad but you also want all the comfort food, make the best of both worlds!!
I made this for din but I just had to try it & I have one word for you babes: FLAVOUR!!!
This makes for a great lunch or dinner topped with some avocado, hemp hearts or other nuts or seeds! You can even throw it on top of a bed of spinach & add some salsa or Dijon mustard, drizzle some fresh lemon, mix it all up & you’ve got yourself a messy bowl of deliciousness!
- 1 large white onion, diced
- Avocado oil spray
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp. coconut vinegar
- 1 cup organic sprouted quinoa (cooked)
- 2 tbsp. @ecoideas raw organic dried golden berries or dried cranberries
- Cook the quinoa according to package. Once cooked, set it aside to cool off.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium high & spray with avocado oil. Add the onion & garlic & sauté until browned & fragrant.
- Add the parsley & cherry tomatoes & cool until wilted & tomatoes are browned.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, add the rest of the ingredients & sauté for 3-4 minutes over medium heat until all ingredients are combined.
- Remove from the heat, add toppings of choice & enjoy!
Here’s some inspo for how to incorporate it into a meal:
A good ol’ bowl never disappoints, especially when I get home famished & planned ahead & made dinner before the gym! Got home to my warm quinoa salad ready & waiting for me so I threw it onto a bed of collard greens & topped it with some kimchi, broccoli sprouts, avocado, nutritional yeast & garlic & herb lupini beans & BOOM: dinner was served in minutes!