In case you didn’t know, I’m a huge fan of coconut flour! I just love everything from the flavour to the texture to its amazing nutrition (hint hint: high fibre = good digestion = happy kelly! & it’s high in healthy fats & lower in carbs than other flours).
This banana bread is delicious, chocolatey, naturally sweet, moist, gluten, dairy, refined sugar & grain free & guaranteed to please EVERYONE! (unless you hate bananas… duh!).
It’s pretty simple to prepare & all you need is 1 bowl & a few staple ingredients! So when that craving hits, you’ll want to have this recipe in your back pocket!
- 3 ripe mashed bananas (about 1 & 1/4 cups)
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy organic peanut butter
- 1 tsp. baking sofa
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. ground flax & 6 tbsp. warm water mixed in a small bowl & let sit for 5 minutes to gel up)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Spray it with coconut oil.
- Prep the flax eggs & set aside to gel up.
- Add the banana, vanilla & peanut butter to a bowl & mix until incorporated & creamy AF.
- Add in all the other ingredients & mix again until combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan & use your spatula to flatten the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until a knife comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing to prevent it from breaking apart.
- Store it in the fridge for optimal freshness but you can also keep it in an airtight container at room temperature!