Here’s a super simple & easy tofu recipe that’s versatile & delicious! Throw it into bowls, salads, lettuce wraps or serve it as is with a side of avocado, a grain of your choice (I love buckwheat & quinoa most!) & roasted veggies & you’ve got yourself a perfectly balanced meal!
I always use coconut aminos in recipes that would otherwise call for soy sauce because it contains 70% less sodium, it’s raw, full of beneficial enzymes & great for gut & heart health! It tastes delicious & really mimics soy sauce, but it’s so much more nutritious!
Feel free to use this same marinade for chicken, turkey or beef cubes/strips if you’re not plant-based or tofu isn’t your jam! It would also work really well with seafood or tempeh!
- 1 package extra firm organic tofu, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup organic coconut aminos
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 green onions
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- Add all the ingredients to a medium skillet. Heat over medium-high heat & let the tofu cook on one side for 3-4 minutes, then flip it & let it cook for another 3-4!
- Keep cooking it over medium heat until all liquid is absorbed & outsides are brown & crispy.