I haven’t made these in so long but they’re actually a great healthy snack option! They’re high in fibre, protein & antioxidants, as well as minerals like zinc, magnesium, iron & manganese!
They’re also super fun to eat because they’re crispy & crunchy, not to mention you can spice them up just how you like! Whether you’re a sweet or savoury person, you’re bound to fall; spice them up with nutritional yeast or Parmesan, smoked paprika, dried herbs, cacao powder, Ceylon cinnamon, turmeric, garlic powder, onion… the possibilities are endless!
Munch on them as is when you’re craving something crispy or throw them into bowls salads or stir fry for some crunch! You simply cannot go wrong with them!
PRO TIP: Always make sure to thoroughly pat them dry to really make sure they get extra crispy when you roast them! If you leave them too wet, they’ll get soggy in the oven!
- 1 can organic chickpeas, rinsed & patted dry
- 1.5 tbsp. nutritional yeast or Parmesan
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1.5 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Splash raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Rinse the chickpeas & then pat them dry with a few layers of paper towels.
- Add the beans to a bowl & season with all the spices & seasonings. Toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray lightly with coconut oil.
- Roast for 20-23 minutes until browned & crispy.
- Broil on high for an extra 2 minutes to really crisp them up, but watch closely to prevent burning!
- Remove from the oven & enjoy!