I’ve been adding ASTAXANTHIN to my smoothie bowls & loving it so I figured I’d share some of the amazing benefits with you babes!
Astaxanthin is a type of carotenoid, a natural pigment found in many foods, which gives it its red-orange colour. It’s one of the most powerful antioxidants in nature & has the ability to fight free radicals 6,000x more than vitamin C, 550x more than vitamin E & 40x more than beta-carotene.
- protects the body against chronic disease (diabetes, heart disease, cancer)
- prevents & reverses skin aging by reducing wrinkles, age spots, improving skin texture & moisture content
- boosts immunity
- boosts endurance & energy & helps with joint health & alleviated joint pain
- amazing for brain health, enhances the formation of brain cells & spatial memory
- heart healthy due to its antioxidant properties & it’s ability to protect against the buildup of fat & cholesterol in the arteries
- supports healthy vision
- lowers blood pressure
- helps with hair growth
WHAT FOOD CAN YOU FIND IT IN?
- wild caught salmon, krill, trout & lobster, crab, shrimp
WHAT IF YOU EAT PLANT BASED?
If you eat plant-based, astaxanthin is also available in natural supplement form & is carefully extracted from algae & converted to help us get a concentrated dose easily!
Always make sure to check with your doctor before incorporating it into your life! It’s not because it works for me that it will do the same for you.
I pop two capsules by Gandalf into my smoothie for a total of 8mg but the package indicates that you can go up to 12mg daily!