Here are my breakfast tips!
I do fasted workouts & eat a big breaky post workout within a window of 30 minutes-1 hour after. To read more about fasted workouts, click here: Fasted Workout Update
When it comes to breakfast, my focus is protein & carbs, greens & fruit for fibre, vitamin C, antioxidants, to repair muscle tissue & reduce inflammation
Breakfast is my biggest meal of the day (I believe in eating breaky like a king because:
- when we sleep, our metabolism slows down; a big breaky rich in whole foods gets it revving again
- it regulates hunger so I don’t feel famished by lunch & I’m more inclined to eat healthy & balanced the rest of the day
- fibre keeps me full longer, boosts digestion & curbs sugar cravings/regulates blood sugar so I’m less tempted for sweets
- more focus & concentration
- boosts energy & mood
A high fibre breaky is key to kickstart digestion; I always add fruit & veggies (if my breaky is sweet, I throw greens in my smoothie bowl & if it’s savoury, I eat a side of fruit)
I go through phases but here are some faves:
- smoothie bowls/smoothies
- protein chia pudding
- overnight oats/steel cut/warm oats
- I like to add protein/collagen &/or superfood powders to my oats, especially after a workout
- homemade bread/sprouted toast (sweet & savoury) with a side of fruit & a fruit-free protein shake made with just liquid, protein & steamed frozen veggies. FAVES: avocado, hummus, jam, nut butters, coconut spread, vegan cashew cream cheese
- coconut yogurt or homemade almond/cashew cream with granola, fruit & sweetened with vanilla & Ceylon cinnamon
- muesli, clean cereals or granola with fruit & homemade milk for healthy cereal bowls
- protein pancakes/collagen french toast are fun too for brunch, if time permits (add oats/banana to pancakes to make them higher in carbs &/or protein/collagen)
- homemade banana breads or loafs & muffins also make quick options
- I’m plant based but egg white omelettes or muffin cups are great too!
Breaky is easy & fun to prep & you can even do it the night before!
Need inspiration? head to the blog & use the search bar to find whatever your heart & tastebuds desire!