I was tots in the mood for pasta tonight so I shipped up this delicious bowl of creamy avocado “fettuccine” in under 20 minutes!
I used Tolerant Foods organic vegetable & legume penne, which you can find at Costco or in most health food stores. Just 1 serving rings you in at 15g protein, 20% RDV iron, just 1g, sugar, 3g fibre & zero sodium or cholesterol! It’s delicious & really resembles the texture & consistency of traditional pasta but it’s gluten & grain free & a great way to incorporate more veggies into your life!
To make the “fettuccine” sauce, I used avocado as a dairy alternative because it really gets everything super creamy (& adds healthy fats!), nutritional yeast for cheesy flavour, fresh garlic, Dijon, apple cider vinegar & sea salt & black pepper!
If you’re craving pasta & you want something comforting & satisfying, here’s your match!
- 1 serving grain & gluten-free legume & veggie pasta OR any pasta of choice
- 1/2 small avocado
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp. raw Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups collard greens
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta according to package directions.
- Once boiled, drain & add it back to the skillet with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat & cook for about 2 minutes until greens are slightly wilted & all the ingredients are combined.
- Remove from the heat, add any other toppings of your choice & enjoy!