Coming atchu babes with some more comfort food because that’s all I want in this weather! ‘Tis the season, right?!
This recipe is meal prep friendly but you might also want to consider it for your holiday dinners because it makes for the perfect side dish with turkey, roast or grilled fish!
This mash is full of flavour, completely dairy & added sugar free, thick, creamy, delicious & basically, everything you want in a sweet potato purée! All you need are a few ingredients & your blender!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, halved (skin on)
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast or vegan Parmesan blend
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper
- 1.5 tsp. raw dijon mustard
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half & place them face down on the baking sheet. Roast for 35-45 minutes until tops are caramelized, crispy & brown.
- Let them cool off for a bit & then press the sweet potato “meat” out of the skins – it should come out easily!
- Add the potato & other ingredients to your blender & purée until combined & desired texture is obtained. You can add more liquid if you want to thin it out.