I legitimately went all the way to the health food store to get JUST strawberries because yo’ girl was craving a strawberry smoothie bowl. Not to mention the fact that the cashier asked me if I needed my receipt & I told her I didn’t need a reminder that I just paid $8 for the smallest bag of organic strawberries! YOLO… IT WAS WORTH IT!
I loaded this bowl up with steamed then frozen zucchini, another great veggie worth steaming for smoothies (just like broccoli & cauli) because it adds texture, thickness, fibre, antioxidants, vitamin C & lowers sugar content because you can substitute it for fruit you’d otherwise add!
Today’s special ingredients? Açai & astaxanthin for an antioxidant anti-inflammatory immunity-boosting, skin & gut-healing, collagen-boosting kick! 👊🏼
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 4 slices steamed then frozen zucchini
- Huge handful spinach
- 2 astaxanthin capsules, broken up
- 1/2 tbsp. organic açai berry powder
- 1 serving @manitobaharvest unsweetened hemp protein
- 1/4 cup homemade hemp milk
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Splash pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup @asobubottle cold brew coffee
- Toppings: Banana, blackberries, 2 tbsp. Living Intentions superfood blueberry granola
- Add all the ingredients to your blender or food processor & pulse until thick & creamy!
- Add toppings & enjoy!!