In honour of my 28th birthday, I bring you VEGAN GRAIN-FREE VANILLA PROTEIN BIRTHDAY CAKE TRUFFLES!!!
The verdict after the first bite? Make these. Even if there’s no birthday to celebrate!
They will legitimately melt in your mouth, they’re sweet just like vanilla birthday cake, high in fibre & protein (from truffle to frosting), low in carbs, scrumptious & they’ll remind you of your childhood days munching on cupcakes & cake pops with no care in the world!!
I obvi had to add sprinkles because #YOLO!!!!.
They’re ready in minutes & completely vegan, dairy, egg, soy, refined sugar, grain, nut & gluten-free!
Believe me when I say your kids won’t believe it’s not Betty Crocker vanilla birthday cake mix!!! They’re also a great treat to make for a family member or friend’s birthday if you want to keep things healthy-ish! PSA: My sister is obsessed with the ONE Bars & she said these taste exactly like the birthday cake flavour, only the ingredients in those bars aren’t as clean as these babies!
Here are the ingredients in a ONE Bar: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Isomalto-Oligosaccharides (Prebiotic Fiber from Vegetable Source), Vegetable Glycerin, Maltitol, Palm Kernel Oil, Sunflower Seed Butter, Natural Flavors, Nonfat Dry Milk, Soy Lecithin (an Emulsifier), Sea Salt, Confectioner’s Sprinkles [Sugar, Corn Starch, Blend of Vegetable Oil (Palm, Palm Kernel), Confectioner’s Glaze, Colored with Fruit and Vegetable Concentrates, Soy Lecithin (an Emulsifier), Dextrin, Carnauba Wax, Sodium Bicarbonate], Tapioca Starch, Distilled Monoglycerides, Calcium Carbonate and Sucralose.
They’re full of dairy, sugar polyalcohols, palm oil, natural flavours, soy lecithin, refined sugar, GMO corn starch, dextrin, wax, preservatives, additives & artificial flavours & sugars.
And now, for the moment you’ve all been waiting for… the ingredients in mine!!!
- FOR TRUFFLES:
- 2 scoops vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 2 tbsp. yacon syrup
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. homemade hemp milk
- splash pure organic vanilla extract
- FOR FROSTING:
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 3 tbsp. warm water
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut palm sugar or date sugar
- Colourful mini sprinkles
- Add all the truffle ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix until combined.
- Place parchment paper on a plate & roll the batter into 8-9 truffle-sized balls. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prep the frosting by adding the protein, water & coconut sugar to a bowl. Mix until combined then add the coconut oil & mix again.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer, dip them in the frosting, until fully coated, place on the plate & drizzle with sprinkles!
- Freeze again for 10-12 minutes!