If you know, you know, crispy pan-seared tofu is the bomb!!!!
The trick to getting it super crispy is to:
- pat the tofu dry before. cubing it to prevent it from getting soggy &;
- add all the ingredients to the skillet, coat the tofu & heat it over high heat for just a few minutes so it quickly absorbed the liquid & gets really crispy on the outside but stays moist & chewy on the inside!
I used turmeric, coconut aminos & Dijon for this recipe to create a delicious, savoury & full of flavour batch of tofu that I can throw into salads, bowls, lettuce wraps or stir fry! Since tofu has very neutral flavour, it’s key to use healthy sugar-free seasonings to give it a little something extra & really make it what you love!
Tofu should always be organic & non-GMO & shouldn’t be processed or contain added sugar or seasonings full of table salt! You’re better off seasoning it yourself at home & knowing exactly what’s going into it!
- 1 pack extra firm organic tofu
- 1 heaped tbsp. raw Dijon mustard
- 2-3 tsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- Black pepper
- Garlic Himalayan salt (got an organic one at Tau in the spice aisle & it’s delicious!)
- 3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Place the brick of tofu on a cutting board & pat it dry to remove excess moisture.
- Slice it into cubes.
- Place the cubes in a small skillet & season with the other ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Heat over high heat & sauté for 4-5 minutes, until tofu is browned, crispy & liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat & enjoy! xx