Guys… WOW! This is my second attempt at this gingerbread loaf because I really wanted it to be perfect for you babes as a holiday dessert! And oh baby is it ever perfect!!!!
It’s vegan, gluten, grain, refined sugar, egg, dairy, soy free & even possibly nut free, yet you’d NEVER know it’s this healthy because it’s so damn delicious!! So good that it’s drool worthy.
It’s crumbly on the outside & moist & chewy on the inside, just like a good ‘ol bread should be & it’s the perfect balance between savoury & sweet!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup raw organic honey
- 6 tbsp. organic molasses
- 2 flax eggs or 2 free range brown eggs
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup creamy almond or cashew butter (substitute for sunflower seed butter for nut-free version)
- Prepare flax eggs if using.
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Spray with coconut oil.
- Add all the ingredients to your blender or food processor & blend until combined & batter is uniform.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan & bake for 28-30 minutes, until top is browned & a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let cool before slicing or place it in the refrigerator if you need to slice it quickly.
- Slice & enjoy.