YAS, you read right! You can have your chocolate & greens in the same bowl, with an added booster of maca for energy, hormones, skin, endurance & regulating blood sugar!
I’ve been on a smoothie bowl kick these days & I’m not mad at it! These bowls are so delicious & refreshing after a sweaty morning at the gym & they’re packed with all the goods to keep me full & satisfied!
If you don’t like the taste of green superfood powders like moringa, spirulina, chlorella & matcha, smoothie bowls are a great way to sneak them in without tasting them because all the other delicious ingredients ends up masking the flavour!
Algae like spirulina & chlorella are especially important for people like me who eat a plant-based diet because they have a very powerful nutrition profile & provide a good source of plant protein!
The key to nailing the texture? Add your liquid slowly until you reach the consistency you’re looking for!
- Huge handful spinach
- 2 tsp. spirulina
- 1.5 tsp. maca cacao powder by @organikahealth OR 3/4 tsp. each gelatinized maca & raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup homemade oat milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water (& another 1/4 cup more if texture isn’t where you want it)
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 4-5 chunks steamed then frozen cauliflower
- 1 serving @manitobaharvest unsweetened hemp protein
- Splash pure organic vanilla extract
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Add the ingredients to your blender or food processor & blend until thick & creamy.
- If texture isn’t where you like it, add more water.
- Add toppings & enjoy!