“The most terrible, beautiful & interesting things happen in a life. Whatever happens to you belongs to you. Make it yours. Feed it to yourself even if it feels impossible to swallow. Let it nurture you, because it will”.
I want you to pinpoint that one thing in your life that really sticks with you, that you can’t seem to embrace & that eats away at your pride, confidence & self-esteem. And for just one second, I want you to stop letting it do that to you.
For just one second, I want you to look at it & pinpoint something positive about it: .
- how has it served you, even in the smallest way?
- what has it taught you?
- have you grown from it?
- did it allow you to get rid of negativity in your life?
- did you find peace of mind or mental clarity even if letting go was hard?
- did it allow you to help somebody else based on your experience & to make that person feel better?
- did it close one or two doors but open a window of opportunities, challenges & new beginnings?
If you stopped looking at every curveball life throws at you in such a negative light & you started to find even just the littlest bit of good in every experience, your life would change.
Nothing happens to you for no reason.
Nothing happens to you because you’re not strong enough to handle it.
Nothing happens to you for NOTHING – there’s always an underlying purpose, a lesson, a meaning, an opportunity, a person you’re meant to meet along the way. There’s always more to it.
But the only way you’ll see that “more” is if you let it happen & the only way it’ll happen is if you learn to embrace every experience, setback, obstacle, all the little things that make you YOU!