I’m v-into all the warm, comforting holiday spices these days! The best part is not only are these spices so delish & full of flavour but they also have tons of anti-inflammatory properties! So it’s a #win on both ends: flavour & health!
Here’s a perfect recipe you can whip up as a side dish for your holiday meals or that you can meal prep at the beginning of the week to serve with your lunches & dinners! They’re full of naturally sweet flavour, crispy, crunchy, caramelized & so nutritious!
Carrots are an amazing source of vitamin C, antioxidants & beta carotene & full of gut-healing fibre, not to mention they’re also a good source of vitamin A, which benefits eye & skin health!
- 1 bag of carrots, peeled
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup organic coconut aminos
- 3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1.5 tsp. ceylon cinnamon
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Optional: splash pure organic maple syrup or yacon syrup for sweeter carrots
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & toss until the carrots are coated.
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the carrots on the sheet, making sure not to pile them & roast for 25 minutes.
- Flip & roast again for 7-10 minutes until carrots are browned & crispy on both sides.