Two things I love to do with overripe fruit is either freeze them or use them to make homemade sugar-free jam!
Truth is, most store-bought jams, even when they’re organic, all-natural & every other “healthy” label, have tons of added sugar, preservatives & binders! Next time you’re at the store, flip the bottle over & check out the ingredients!
Then… check out THESE ingredients: kiwi, pure organic vanilla extract, ceylon cinnamon, fresh lemon & raw organic apple cider vinegar!!!!
Moral of the story: you can make WAY healthier & JUST AS YUMMY jam at home (& not let your overripe fruit go to waste!). I have tons of jam recipes up on the blog but here’s another super easy one!
Use it on rice cakes, toast, yogurt bowls, oats, chia puddings etc. & switch up the recipe to use whatever fruit you have on hand: any berries, plums, peaches, or cherries work super well too!
- 8 kiwis
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- Splash raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Add all the ingredients to a small skillet & heat over medium-high heat.
- Stir every now & then to prevent sticking.
- Once the mixture is sizzling, lower the heat to medium & let the jam caramelize.
- Once caramelized, remove from the heat & mash with a fork or keep it chunky!
- Storage: Store in an airtight container & refrigerate.