Here’s this morning’s post workout breaky bowl – a perfectly thick & creamy smoothie bowl, packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, iron, magnesium, calcium, protein, fibre, healthy fats, amino acids & natural sweetness!
I’ve been LOVING oats & chia pudding these days but it’s always fun to change things up every now & then (& it’s always good to stimulate the digestive system differently too!).
I also added some steamed then frozen broccoli (but you’d never know it) to make sure to get my greens in! I always add veggies to my smoothies to cut sugar, boost fibre & add texture, my personal faves being cauliflower, broccoli & zucchini! But make sure to steam them first to prevent any digestive issues or bloating!
Here’s how to make this purple bowl of deliciousness!
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 cup steamed then frozen broccoli
- 1/4-1/3 cup homemade oat milk (start with 1/4 & add more if the texture isn’t where you like it!)
- Splash pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 serving unsweetened hemp protein
- Ceylon cinnamon
- Toppings: 1/3 banana, Living Intentions raspberry superfood probiotic granola & more berries cause DUH!
- Add all the smoothie bowl ingredients to the bowl of your food processor or blender & blend until thick, combined & creamy.
- Add more liquid if you want to thin it out.
- Add the smoothie to a bowl with the toppings of your choice!