Y’all know I eat plant-based but even when it comes to prepping food for the fam, I’m not a big red meat advocate. BUT, when you’re feeding a man (hey dad!), sometimes he just wants it & it is what it is!
No but seriously, if you buy it extra-lean & consume it in moderation, with a healthy balance of chicken/turkey & plant based sources of protein, red meat is actually a good source of iron!
Anywho… back to these strips! The goal was to create a healthier version of traditional sesame beef strips you’d order at an Asian restaurant & I don’t mean to brag, but I nailed it!
They’re crispy, sticky, caramelized, full of Asian sesame flavour but WITHOUT SOY, MSG & REFINEd SUGAR-FREE & so much lower in sodium!
Serve them as is with a side of grains or legumes & veggies or toss them into a pita pocket, salad or bowl!
- 3 rib-eye steaks, cut into strips & remove as much of the fat as possible
- 1/4 cup organic coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. black sesame seeds
- Black pepper
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2-1 tbsp. Non-GMO organic corn starch (tapioca starch works too!)
- 2 tbsp. virgin first-pressed toasted sesame oil (we use @maisonorphee)
- Add the beef strips to a large bowl & season with all the ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to let marinate OR cook right away!
- Add the beef strips to a large skillet & heat over medium-high heat. Let them cook for about 5-7 minutes until the liquid starts to bubble & get absorbed & they’re no longer pink!
- Flip & cook on the opposite side for another 5-7 minutes or until caramelized, sticky, browned & cooked through!
- Top with sesame seeds & enjoy! I used Eden Foods sesame seeds & algae blend!