Here’s a super easy & simple meal prep staple that I love to have on hand, especially during the colder months because sweet potato = comfort food AF. Am I right?!
These are great for using as side dishes with protein & roasted or air fried veggies, as an add in to bowls or salads, chopped up into wraps or use them to make Mexican or Mediterranean sweet potato boats stuffed with beans, lentils, hummus, salsa & avocado! Here’s the recipe: Fully-Loaded Mexican-Style Roasted Sweet Potato Boat a.k.a. I’ll Take A One-Way Ticket To Never-Getting-Off-This-Ship!
Guess what? This recipe is so damn easy, I wouldn’t even go so far as calling it a recipe!
Sweet potatoes are rich in fibre, antioxidants, iron, calcium, selenium & B vitamins & vitamin C! They help boost the body’s ability to produce & synthesize collagen, provide a good source of carbs for muscle recovery, bone strength & help maintain steady energy levels, fight anemia & prevent chronic fatigue. Their antioxidant content makes them amazing for boosting immunity & skin health & their fibre content provides digestion benefits & protects the gut!
- Avocado or coconut oil cooking spray (don’t skimp on this – it really helps get them super crispy & caramelized!)
- 3-4 organic sweet potatoes, halved (skin on)
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray lightly with oil.
- Halve the potatoes & place them on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes until browned, crispy & caramelized!
- Store in an airtight container lined with aluminum foil to preserve crispness & texture! Enjoy!