Just in time for Hannukah, I shared my VEGAN SWEET POTATO LATKES recipe with you babes! I hope you love them as much as I do!
They’re lightly pan-fried (NOT deep-fried) in avocado oil, crispy, browned, delicious, full of flavour & completely gluten, grain, egg, soy, dairy, sugar & nut free!
They’re easy & simple to make & they’re guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser at your Hannukah din! SO GET CRACKIN’!
You can also make them with white potatoes if you prefer & of course, they’re best served with applesauce, vegan cheese spreads or cashew dip, sour cream, tzatziki or a childhood fave: ketchup!
- 3 large organic sweet potatoes (skin on & shredded with a grater)
- 1/2 red onion, diced really small
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- A few pinches cayenne pepper
- 3 tbsp. organic non-GMO corn starch
- 1 tbsp. organic chickpeas flour (for that egg flavour) Avocado oil spray
- Coconut or avocado oil spray
PRO TIP: Always make sure your oil sprays are propane free & contain no added ingredients – just the oil!
- Grate the potatoes & dice the onion.
- Place doubled or tripled paper towel in a bowl & add the grated potatoes with sea salt & wrap the mixture & squeeze to remove excess moisture. Don’t skip this step or the latkes will be soggy & fall apart.
- Add the rest of the ingredients & mix.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat & spray with oil. Place spoonfuls of the mix into the skillet & gently press down on them with a spatula to spread.
- Lower heat to medium & cook about 5 minutes per side.
- Once ready, remove the latkes from the skillet (GENTLY!) & place them on a cooling rack or plate to cool off.