If you guys know, you know: I’m all about a no waste life when it comes to fruits, veggies & food in general! So I’m always trying to come up with fun ways to put ‘em to good use! .
One of my fave ways in winter is my « everything in my fridge soup ».
How it works? I legit just throw the leftover veggies in my fridge into a pot with water (you can use organic veggie broth, bone broth, chicken or bone broth powder & water, my personal fave being Vital Proteins – totally up to you!) & spices, bring the mixture to a boil, cover, let it simmer, blend, store the broth & BAM!
- A meal prepped soup for the week that’s full of greens, vitamins, antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, gut, liver & skin healing
- Homemade delicious flavourful broth without added salt or preservatives that you can sip on as is or add to recipes
I’ll tell you what I used for this one but really just try to use up whatever you have on hand!
BTW, try topping it with organic seaweed, nutritional yeast & black sesame seeds (thank me later!).
- 1 stalk celery
- 30-40 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1 cup kale
- 2 cups collard greens
- 1 cup Swiss chard
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup fennel
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Pinch cayenne
- Black pepper
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Splash apple cider vinegar
- As much water as you need to cover the veggies
- Add all the veggies & ingredients to a large deep skillet & fill it with water until they’re covered. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, reduce heat to a simmer, cover & let simmer for 25 minutes.
- Once softened, transfer veggies (in batches) to your blender WITHOUT the broth & blend until creamy. Add a bit of broth at a time to thin it out if you want.
- Store the soup in an airtight container & refrigerate or serve right away!
- Pour the leftover broth into glass jars & refrigerate.