‘TIS THE SEASON!!!!
One of the most highly requested healthier holiday recipes from you guys was sugar cookies & a lot of you were also D for peppermint! So I figured… why not combine them?!
Here’s my take on healthier vegan, grain, refined sugar & gluten-free sugar cookies spiced up with peppermint!
They are the chewiest & most pillowy cookies I have ever bitten into (& fallen in love with!!!). You guys MUST make them for your family, friends, guests, colleagues – I promise you, everyone will love them (& you!).
The crazy part is the ingredients are so simple & minimal, you’d never believe a creation this magical could be created! BUT IT’S REAL LIFE & you need these STAT!
BTW, if peppermint isn’t your jam, you can swap it for any other pure organic extract of your choice: almond, coconut, vanilla or coffee.
- 1 cup & 2 tbsp. cassava flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, slightly softened but not melted (butter consistency)
- 3/4-1 cup unsweetened plant based milk of choice (start with 3/4 cup & then add if you feel the batter is too dry – depends the brand of the cassava flour you use!)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. organic peppermint extract
- Coconut sugar for dusting
- Add the coconut sugar, coconut oil & peppermint to a mixing bowl & mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda & sea salt & mix. Slowly add in the milk, mixing to combine & form a uniform batter. If the batter is looking too crumbly, add the extra 1/4 cup milk.
- Chill the batter for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape the cookies into 12-14 balls & flatten into the baking sheet. Keep in mind they’ll spread!
- Bake for 12-13 minutes, until edges are browned & bottoms are golden.
- Remove from the oven & let cool.