MADE AN OG RECIPE TODAY & YOU GUYS NEED TO MAKE IT STAT: FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE, anyone?!
The original recipe is completely flourless, grain, gluten, dairy & refined sugar-free but it does contain eggs & vegan butter so I switched it up today to make it vegan & slightly healthier!
For the original recipe, click here, but DON’T use canola or vegetable oil – stick to coconut oil or the nut or seed (for nut-free version) butter of your choice!
I used to make this once a week & today I was feeling something chocolatey & comforting so naturally, I thought of cake!
It’s made with black beans so it’s full of plant based protein, fibre & antioxidants & a few other very simple ingredients that I’m sure you have on hand!
It’s crumbly on the outside, moist, decadent, chocolatey & chewy on the inside, BURSTING WITH CHOCOLATE FLAVOUR, fudgy AF & makes for a great snack or dessert (best served with vegan coconut vanilla)!
Here’s how to make it!
- 1 can organic black beans, rinsed & patted dry
- 1/3 cup nut or seed butter of choice (or 1/3 cup coconut oil/vegan butter)
- 1/3 cup mashed banana OR 2 eggs (add 3 tbsp. water if using mashed banana to add moisture)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1.5 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut or date sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips for topping
- Rinse the beans & pat them dry with paper towel.
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & blend until combined. You might have to scrape the sides once or 2x.
- Line a pie dish with parchment paper & spray lightly with avocado or coconut oil. Pour the batter into the dish & flatten top with a spatula.
- Drizzle on the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-40 min. until tops are crumbly & a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven & let cool for 1 hour before slicing.
- I like storing it in the fridge – it stays fresh & the texture is on point, plus it stays fresher!