Guys! What if I told you that you could prep, roast & serve this dish in the exact same platter?! How much would you love me?!
Guess it’s my lucky day because this is probably one of the easiest roasted chicken recipes you’ll ever make!
Loaded with Asian flavours, crispy on the outside & browned to perfection, moist & delicious on the inside, full of flavour & baked on a bed of onion & celery, you can bet this dish is a crowd pleaser!
As always, I used coconut aminos instead of soy sauce to cut back on sodium, make it soy free & for all the beneficial properties & enzymes it contains!
This also makes for a great meal prep staple because you can chop it up & throw the chicken into salads or wraps for lunch or serve it as is with some quinoa or brown rice & veggies for din!
PRO TIP: To cut fat content, remove the skin from the chicken legs after washing them!
- 12 skinless chicken drumstick
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp. toasted organic sesame oil
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose seasoning or dried herbs of choice
- 1 red onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp. organic natural rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the onion & celery on the bottom of an oven-safe baking dish.
- Top with the chicken & season with the rest of the ingredients.
- Roast at 400F for 55 minutes until tops are browned & crispy & chicken is cooked through.
- Broil on high for 2-3 minutes to get it extra crispy & remove from the oven! Serve immediately or let cool then refrigerate in an airtight container.