It’s winter (too soon!) & I think it’s safe to say we veered away from pumpkin spice to gingerbread & peppermint!
I was craving something warm & chocolatey after dinner tonight, so I made myself this frothy hot cacao & it was SO GOOD, I HAD to share it!
The adaptogen kick? Chaga mushroom powder; adaptogens have been used in Ayurvedic medicine for centuries to heal the adrenal glands & regulate hormone production so that the body is better able to respond to internal & external stressors & be in a state of balance (homeostasis).
Chaga is a medicinal mushroom with several benefits ranging from supporting immunity & slowing aging, lowering cholesterol, blood pressure & blood sugar, relieving symptoms of anxiety, fighting inflammation, candida & microbial infection, healing the skin, providing over 200+ phytonutrients & improving overall well-being!
This hot chocolate is chocolatey (duh), delicious, rich, contains tons of anti-inflammatory warming spices, virtually sugar-free, vegan, contains no syrups, sweeteners, syrups or dairy & it’s SUPER frothy! #goals .
BTW, did you know that the grande Starbucks gingerbread latte contains 38g SUGAR & 40g carbs?! Just saying! (Not to mention syrups, dairy, whipped cream, carageenan, preservatives!?!) .
Here’s how it’s done the healthier way:
- 1/2 cup homemade hemp milk (frothed in Nespresso Aerocino frother)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1.5 tsp. chaga
- Splash pure organic vanilla extract (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- A few pinches of ginger & nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- Raw organic cacao nibs for topping
- Froth the milk & boil the water.
- Add the milk, water & other ingredients to the blender & blend until frothy.
- Top with cacao nibs & more cinnamon/nutmeg & enjoy!