On Saturdays, masterpieces are created in my kitchen!
Something I like to do on Saturday is empty out the fridge & cook up whatever my imagination ponders with leftover veggies from the week!
These quinoa poppers are crispy & browned on the outside & moist, chewy, delicious, fresh, “cheesy” but without the cheese on the inside!
They’re also egg & breadcrumb-free… yes you read right!
Instead of breadcrumbs, I used a mix of psyllium husks for fibre & gut health, flaxseed for anti-inflammatory healthy fats, protein, skin & hormone health & nutritional yeast for flavour, plant protein & B12! . Serve them in your fave pita (falafel style) or gluten-free bun, lettuce wraps, chop them into salads or bowls or pop them as is with some salsa, duac or Dijon!
They’re full of all the goodness you need to be satisfied, stay full & energized & most importantly, TO FEEL GOOD!
- 2 cups cooked sprouted organic quinoa (I use TruRoots)
- 1 flax egg (mix 1 tbsp. ground flax & 3 tbsp. water & let sit to gel up for 5 minutes)
- 1 extra tbsp. ground flax
- 4 tbsp. psyllium husks
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. water
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 5 diced radish
- 1/2 tbsp. raw Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients except the flax egg & oats to a large mixing bowl & mix until combined.
- Once combined, add the flax egg, mix & then add the oats.
- Roll into 12-14 balls, depending how big you want them & place on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 26-28 minutes, until tops are crispy & bottoms are browned!
- They should keep for at least 4-5 days so they’re a great meal prep staple!!