K guys… when I say texture, you say THESE! They’re so delicious, naturally sweet, scrumptiously chewy (like CARAMEL CHEWY!), full of healthy fats, fibre, vitamins & minerals, natural sugar & good carbs to keep your energy sustained & great for in between meal snacking!
They’re vegan, grain & gluten, added sugar & refined sugar free & even possibly nut free if you sub the almond butter for coconut or sunflower seed butter!
I used my @kitchenaid_ca 11-cup food processor to make these (& it’s on sale for Black Friday today at The Bay!), but most food processors should do the trick!
I like freezing my energy bites, especially when they’re really chewy like these because they legitimately taste like a caramel candy when you bite into them!
They’re a great meal prep staple to get on your list for this weekend because get this… they’re made with just 5 ingredients!
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter or nut free alternative
- 9-10 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic coconut shreds & more for rolling
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- Pinch Celtic sea salt
- Add the ingredients to your food processor & pulse until the mixture comes together & forms a moist & chewy ball! You might have to scrape the sides once!
- Use a tbsp. to scoop out the mix & roll it into a ball of your desired size.
- Roll 1/2 or all the balls in more shredded coconut & place them on a plate.
- Refrigerate or freeze for about an hour to let them firm up!