I cannot contain my excitement. I legitimately did not think it was possible to create homemade donuts that are grain, gluten, yeast, butter, egg & dairy free (& possibly nut-free), WITHOUT A DONUT PAN.
But I just proved myself wrong thanks to cassava flour, an amazing grain-free alternative to traditional flour that can be used on a 1:1 ratio!
If you know me, you know that when brainstorming the creation of these babies, deep frying was out of the question! But I still wanted to achieve that moist & decadently soft texture when you bite into a donut & that I DID!
The trick? Combining almond buttah + coconut oil! I have no words for these donuts besides get off your butt & make them!
Easy to prepare, simple, ready in under 30 minutes & guaranteed to be loved by ALL!!
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup creamy almond buttah (use sunflower seed butter for a nut-free version)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp. baking soda
- 1/2-1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 flax egg OR 1 egg (to make flax egg: add 1 tbsp. flax & 3 tbsp. warm water to a small bowl, whisk & let sit for 5 min.)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp. raw organic honey
- 1 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Ceylon cinnamon & coconut sugar for garnish
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl & mix until a uniform batter is formed.
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper & spray with coconut oil.
- Roll the dough into long strips (but don’t make them too thin to prevent ripping) & then gently shape & round them into donuts.
- Place the donuts on the baking sheet (I made 12) & sprinkle with coconut sugar & cinnamon.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until they’re firm to the touch & browned on the bottom!