This is gonna be LIT!
You guys don’t even know how good my kitchen smelled when I baked up this storm, but you’re about to find out in a few minutes when I give you all the deets on how to whip this baby up!
While we all DIE over how delish it looks, let me tell (tease) you a few things about it:
- you can have your cake & YOUR PROTEIN too because it’s loaded with plant-based protein
- it’s full of healthy fats from almond flour (which also makes it completely grain-free); almond flour adds a delicate, tender light & airy texture to baked goods that’s incomparable to any other flour IMO!
- it contains just ONE TABLESPOON of raw organic creamed honey so it’s basically added sugar free (& of course, it’s refined sugar-free… but you knew that!)
- it’s full of gut-healing fibre & it makes for a great snack because the combo of fibre & protein will keep you full, satisfied & full of energy!
- it tastes like CHOCOLATE BANANA HEAVEN
- it’s light, fluffy, airy, feels like you’re biting into a chocolate banana cloud, full of flavour, naturally sweet but not too sweet, moist, decadent & you’d never believe me if I told you it was THIS healthy. It’s almost too good to be true but I swear… it’s REAL LIFE!
Without further ado, I won’t make you wait much longer! Here’s the recipe & PSA: you might want to warm it up & smother it in almond or peanut butter… JUSS SAYIN!
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 & 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cup vegan protein of choice (or sub for 2/3 cup more almond flour if you don’t want the protein)
- 2 tsp. pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. raw organic creamed honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegan mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. plant-based milk
- 2 flax eggs (mix 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed with 6 tbsp. warm water & let sit for 5-7 min.) OR 2 eggs for non-vegan version
- Pinch sea salt
- FOR TOPPING: 1/2 banana, sliced
- Prepare the flax eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas & add the other ingredients (except chocolate chips) to the bowl & mix until a batter is formed.
- Once the batter is uniform, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the batter into the lined loaf pan, making sure to flatten the top & fill the corners & top with the banana slices.
- Bake for 43-45 minutes until your kitch smells like heaven & tops are browned & bananas are caramelized! I always like to do a knife test to make sure it comes out clean!
- Let cool completely before slicing, slice & enjoy!