GARLICKY CHEESY CRISPY KALE CHIPS (in 20 minutes? YES YES YES YES YES!
I’m about to blow your mind with the crispiest, simplest, most delicious kale chips you’ve ever tried! Don’t believe me? Wait until you HEAR the crisp!
Made with just four ingredients: kale (DUH), nutritional yeast, garlic powder & a splash or 2 of apple cider vinegar, they’re salt & oil free, full of flavour & a very healthy alternative to traditional cheese flavoured chips that are full of FAKE additives, preservatives, artificial flavours & colours!
Now that winter’s rolling around, it’s Netflix & chill SZN & there’s nothing better than munching on something crunchy while binge watching your fave series #amIright?! These kale chips are the perfect snack & what’s great is they only take 20 minutes to prepare! You’ve been warned: they may give you garlic breath!
Kale is a great source of plant based protein, fibre, iron, vitamins A, C & K, antioxidants, folate, B vitamins key for brain development & alpha linolenic acid, an anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acid! It’s great for heart health, satiety & managing blood sugar levels! It also helps lower cholesterol, provides a good amount of calcium for bone strength & is filled with liver-healing blood-purifying chlorophyll.
- 1 large stalk kale
- 1.5 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- A few splashes apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp. garlic powder
- Remove the kale leaves from the stems & place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 275F & season the kale leaves with the rest of the ingredients. You can also add other spices if you want spicy chips (smoked paprika, chili flakes or cayenne pepper).
- Bake for 10 minutes, check on them, flip ‘em around a bit & bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven & enjoy!