There’s nothing like some delicious souvlaki, right?! Well what if I told you thus recipe is basically souvlaki in meatball form?!
Are you SHOOK because I am?!?
Simple, easy, delicious, nutritious, grain/gluten & breadcrumb free & ready in under 30 minutes!!
They’re crispy & browned on the outside but tender & full of flavour on the inside! The key? High broiling them once they’re ready!
These are a great protein-packed meal prep staple to have on hand for when you just don’t have the time but you still want to stay on track with your healthy eating goals! Stuff them into pita or sandwiches, chop them into salads or bowls or eat them as is with a side of quinoa or brown rice & veggies!
- 1 pack extra-lean ground chicken
- 2 huge tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2-1 tsp. garlic powder
TO MAKE THEM:
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl (except the flax) & mix until combined.
- Once combined, fold in the flaxseed.
- Spray the parchment paper with some coconut oil & form the mixture into meatballs of your desired size (I made about 15 but you can make them smaller or into burgers if you prefer!).
- Bake for 26-28 minutes until cooked through.
- Once baked, broil on high for 2-3 minutes to get the outsides extra crispy!