I tried konjac noodles a year ago & really didn’t enjoy them! I don’t remember why but I think I hadn’t rinsed them well enough & the smell really got to me!
Truth is, they don’t smell great but if you rinse them well, they have a really neutral flavour & take on the taste of whatever you season with!
Everyone deserves a 2nd chance so I tried them again tonight & it was bomb!!! (But I still don’t think they’ll ever replace bean & legume pasta for me!)
Konjac noodles are made from a fibre that comes from konjac root, combined with water & lime juice.
Some of the benefits are:
- high-fibre content keeps you full
- reduce ghrelin, a hormone that stimulates hunger
- slow the absorption of sugar into the blood stream, preventing spikes & falls
- promote regularity & good digestion
- reduce cholesterol
- promote gut health & act as a prebiotic fibre to nourish beneficial bacteria already living in your GI tract, reduce inflammation & relieve stress
Since they’re low in nutrients, it’s important to use nutritious add-ins for a balanced meal – be sure to add veggies & greens for vitamins, minerals & antioxidants, protein & healthy fats!
Adding ripe avo is KEY because it makes the sauce even creamier when you mix it in!
- 1/2 cup sautéed greens or veggies of choice
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- Cherry tomatoes
- Plant or animal protein of choice (I used Brami lupini beans, but use your plant/animal protein of choice)
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2-3 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 avocado, chunked up
- Rinse the konjac noodles really well for 1 minute.
- Add all the ingredients to a large skillet & sauté for 3-4 minutes until all ingredients are combined.
- Remove from the heat & top with 1/4 avocado in chunks, nutritional yeast & dried parsley!