Nothing more comforting on a cold winter day than a warm & comforting creamy & delicious bowl of soup!
I like blender soups because I can multitask while the veggies simmer & then legit just throw the mix into my blender for the creamiest & easiest soup EVER! I use my Breville Boss blender.
Leeks are a good source of fibre, vitamins B6, K, A & C, iron & magnesium! They’re great for controlling blood pressure, lowering cholesterol, a healthy nervous system, cleansing & purifying the blood & liver, a good source of probiotics & prebiotics for gut health, fighting inflammation, protecting the heart, lowering blood sugar & keeping you full!
BTW, they’re also apparently an aphrodisiac… so make what you will of that! 😹
This recipe is a great side dish for a fancier meal but also a good staple to meal prep & keep on hand for lunches during the week!
To make it heartier, top it with some nuts or seeds of choice or throw in some chicken, turkey, goat or feta cheese, seafood, tofu or tempeh!
- 6 leeks, chopped
- 2 white onions
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. dried parsley
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 9 cups water &/or vegetable, chicken or bone broth (always buy low sodium & organic!)
- 2-3 bay leaves for flavour
- Add all the ingredients to a large deep stockpot & stir until combined. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiled, lower the heat to a simmer & let the veggies cook & soften for about 20 minutes.
- Once softened, use a spatula to scoop out the veggies & place them in your blender or food processor. Keep the leftover broth on the side for now.
- Blend the soup until creamy & thick. You can then add some of the leftover broth if you prefer a thinner consistency.