Guys, I don’t eat fish, but if I did, you can be sure it would be THIS!!!!
I’m currently staring at it & salivating. Seriously.
I did a play on traditional Thai basil dishes but added some spice & used coconut aminos instead of soy sauce to reduce sodium & boost nutrient content! Coconut aminos have replaced soy sauce in my kitchen for the last two years & I can honestly say I’d never go back!
The key to getting this crispy outside & decadently tender flaky inside is to broil it (& not toast!). It takes little to no time to prepare, the ingredients are simple & it makes for a perfect light but healthy & filling meal!
Haddock is a white fish & it’s a great source of B6, B12, magnesium, niacin & selenium. It also contains anti-inflammatory fatty acids, which are amazing for the skin, digestion, heart, fighting diabetes & inflammation.
It also benefits immunity, provides a good source of protein, encourages cell health & renewal & provides benefits for thyroid health.
- 6 large haddock filets
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 30-40 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 red onion, sliced
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- Fresh lemon for drizzling
- Place the thyme & onions on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top with the fish & season with the rest of the ingredients.
- Broil on high for 7-9 minutes until outsides are crispy & browned & insides are juicy & tender but cooked through!
- Drizzle with lemon & enjoy!