Oh my goodness, when I tell you this salad is a masterpiece, I’m SERIOUS!
Whoever said vegans can’t do Caesar salad salad ain’t never met ain’t never met this bowl of deliciousness!!!
The key to a super creamy dressing & getting it to adhere well to the kale is adding Dijon & nutritional yeast & seasoning the salad directly in the same bowl then getting your hands in there to massage the kale in the dressing! A little messy but so KEY!
This makes for the perfect fresh, crispy, light but satisfying & super nutritious lunch & what’s wonderful is that you can prep it ahead of time too!
PRO TIP: Once the salad is seasoned, use the leftover lemon from the dressing & throw it into a big glass of water so you can sip on antioxidants & vitamin C throughout the day
FOR THE SALAD:
- 2 massive cups chopped kale
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/4 cup organic sprouted lentils
- 1/4 cup daikon radish
- 2-3 strawberries
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard (I use the raw organic one by Maison Orphee)
- Add all the veggie ingredients to a big bowl then throw on the dressing ingredients.
- Massage the dressing into the kale until creamy & combined. I like to let the salad sit for about 5 minutes to really let the kale absorb all the deliciousness!
- Top with more nutritional yeast & enjoy!!