Not sure what to make for dinner tonight? Here’s your answer!
Minimal prep & ingredients, made with real food, grain, gluten & breadcrumb free, full of fibre & gut-healing psyllium husks & BURSTING WITH FLAVOUR!
I love using psyllium husks instead of breadcrumbs – it cuts carbs, mimics the texture of traditional breadcrumbs, boosts fibre content, keeps you full, lowers bad cholesterol & boosts heart health & regulates blood sugar levels!
I always get asked about a good substitute for mayo & my go-to is Dijon mustard! It adds the same creamy rich taste you’d get from mayo & helps bind ingredients together, without the added preservatives, salt, hydrogenated oils & trans/saturated fat!
Another fave of mine is homemade cashew or almond cream or you can use Greek yogurt (if you aren’t dairy free!).
Stuff these babes into buns, pita, sprouted bread, chop them into bowls, salads or lettuce wraps or enjoy them as is!
- 1 package extra lean ground chicken
- 2 green onions
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tbsp. spicy Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup psyllium husks
- 1 organic free-range egg
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray lightly with avocado oil.
- Add the ingredients to a mixing bowl & mix with your hands until combined.
- Form the mixture into 9-10 patties of your desired size.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Once baked, broil on high for 2-3 minutes until tops are browned & crispy!