Now this is the kinda late lunch I like to call a keeper!
So easy to make, high in protein & good carbs, crispy, crunchy, light, satisfying & fresh, you can’t go wrong with it!
I absolutely LOVE using collard greens as a wrap substitute because they’re so crisp & they really roll up & hold together well even if you fill them a lot!!
I doubled ‘em up & stuffed them with homemade hummus, sprouted organic lentils, alfalfa sprouts, nutritional yeast, cucumbers, roasted tomato salsa & kimchi for probiotics & gut health!
A few days later, I stuffed ‘em with mashed organic black beans, homemade vegan sugar-free marinara, chipotle kimchi, alfalfa sprouts, nutritional yeast, dried parsley, cucumber, Dijon & green onion!
PRO TIPS FOR USING COLLARD GREENS:
- make sure your leaves are large enough to fill & roll & preferably with no tears or holes!
- always double your leaves to make wrapping easier & prevent them from falling apart!
- before layering them, flip them over & gently slice off as much of the stalk as possible to facilitate rolling & chewing!
- when you fill them, start with a base to hold the fillings, like hummus, mashed beans or salsa, tahini, guacamole etc; as long as it’s thick, it’ll help hold everything together!
- when you roll them, tuck each end over (like you would with a regular wrap) & then roll tightly – swipe to see how they look once rolled!) & thank me later.
- 4 collard green wraps
- 1/3 cup sprouted organic lentils
- alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 sliced cucumber
- 2 tbsp. roasted tomato salsa (make sure it has no added sugar)
- 1/4 cup kimchi
- Lay the wraps on a plate & stuff them with the toppings & always start with a good creamy base, like your dip or spread!
- Roll them up, slice in half & enjoy!