Oh my goodness!!!!
To think my ActiFry has been in storage all this time & this deliciousness could’ve existed a year ago! I just made the crispiest most delicious « cheesy » eggplant French fries. I’m SHOOK!
I used literally 4 ingredients: eggplant, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, oregano & sea salt (sea salt doesn’t count as an ingredient, okay?) & this deliciousness came to life without me doing anything but sit & wait impatiently!
I have a feeling this kitchen gadget & I are going to become BFF.
These fries are great dipped into hummus, Dijon, ketchup, guacamole, salsa, pesto or tzatziki & they’re full of fibre, vitamins, minerals & antioxidants, vegan, grain & gluten-free & completely flourless!
Air frying is great because:
- it’s easy to clean
- cuts oil content – it used hot air circulation to cook from all angles & you really don’t need much oil, if any at all!
- a great way to get over the obsession with fried food (mostly made with partially hydrogenated oils that are known carcinogens, other harmful compounds & devoid of any nutrition whatsoever!)
- a great way to get the crispy texture you’d get from fried foods but in a much healthier way!
Now without further ado… the recipe!
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into fries
- 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Celtic sea salt
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Season the eggplant fries in a large bowl & toss to coat.
- Place the fries in the bowl of your air fryer & cook for 28-30 minutes until crispy!