Like most packaged foods, finding good quality jarred tomato sauces is HARD!
There are some great brands out there but because they use organic & healthier ingredients, they’re PRICEY AF!
Here’s a simple, easy, delicious, rich, thick & nutritious one you can make at home! Use it on pizza, in pasta, tacos, lettuce wraps, bowls, or as a dip for nachos or veggies!
The best part is it doesn’t require many ingredients, much prep or 2 hours of your time!!
- 10-12 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- Splash yacon or pure organic maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 bay leaves for flavour
- Add all the ingredients to a large skillet, stir & heat over high heat to bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium & cover to let simmer for about 25 minutes, until thick, all liquid is absorbed & tomatoes are broken up & combined with the rest of the ingredients.
- You can choose to leave the sauce chunky like a salsa or add the sauce to your blender & blend until creamy (that’s how I did it!).
- Store in a jar or glass container in the fridge to maintain fresh!