What to do when you have leftover cabbage in the fridge?! DON’T THROW IT OUT!
You guys know I’m all about finding ways to preserve & make use of all the produce, especially at the end of the week!
If you have any leftover cabbage, MAKE THIS (or check out my blog for a delicious cabbage soup recipes:
- Kelly’s Vegan Tomato Red Cabbage Soup a.k.a. Warm-Cuddly-Comforting-Flavourful-Detoxifying-&-Anti-Inflammatory-What-More-Can-You-Ask-For?!)
- One-Pot Tomato, Spinach & Cabbage Soup a.k.a. Quick, Light & Simple? Yas Queen!
- Kelly’s Clean-Eating Detoxifying-AF Cabbage, Broccoli & Mint Soup-ish Purée a.k.a. The-HEALTHIEST-Eat-As-Much-As-You-Want-“Everything-in-Your-Fridge”-Soup-Ever-Oh-&-SHE’S-A-SMOOTH-CREAMY-VELVET-MASTERPEICE!
BUT NOW, BACK TO THIS CABBAGE!
Cabbage is a cruciferous veggie, just like broccoli, cauliflower & Brussels sprouts so it’s always best to cook it if you have issues digesting this type of veggie!
How will you know if you do?! OH YOU’LL KNOW; if you feel bloated, cramped up, constipated, sluggish or uncomfortably full after you eat them, chances are cooking them will make things easier for you!
Cabbage is one of the world’s healthiest foods & rightfully so! It’s full of nutrients (B vitamins, calcium, potassium, choline, lutein, zeaxanthin), keeps inflammation at bay, provides a good dose of vitamin C for healthy skin, immunity & collagen production, improves digestion, keeps the heart healthy due to high fibre content, lowers blood pressure & cholesterol levels & provides an amazing source of vitamin K for strong bones, as well as a ton of antioxidants!
This side dish is great for lunch or dinner & so yummy, it’ll amp up any salad, buddha bowl or sandwich! Best part is it’s ready in minutes!
- 1 green cabbage, shredded
- 1 purple cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2.5 tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Celtic sea salt & black pepper to taste
- Add the cabbage to a large skillet & season with the other ingredients. Toss to coat.
- Heat on medium-high heat & sauté until fragrant & cabbage begins to shrink but is still crunchy! It should take about 7-8 minutes, depending how crunchy you want it.
- Remove from the heat & enjoy!!