I stepped my coffee game up a bit this week & I’ve been LOVING it! I legit can’t stop, won’t stop!!
I’ve been throwing in gelatinized maca for energy, endurance, hormone, skin health & to relieve stress/anxiety & prevent adrenal fatigue & slippery elm for digestion, prebiotics to nourish the healthy bacteria in my gut, liver health & regulating blood sugar levels!
I never add sweetener to my coffee because I find it takes away from the flavour & I personally LOVE how strong coffee tastes, not to mention the added sugar truly isn’t necessary! But I do like to add a bit of Ceylon cinnamon for some spice!
Do I add milk to my coffee? Certainly not dairy milk! I like to froth (in my Nespresso frother) about 2 tbsp. of my homemade milk, whichever I have on hand & throw it into the blender with the rest of the ingredients! Some days, I don’t even add it because I’m a sucker for black coffee!
Here’s what you need & how to make it!
- 2 ristretto Nespresso capsules, freshly brewed
- 2 tbsp. boiling water
- 1-2 tbsp. homemade plant milk, frothed
- Pinch Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp. slippery elm
- 2 tsp. organic geelatinized maca
- Brew your coffee & froth your milk.
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & blend until frothy!
- Pour into a to-go cup (I use my Asobu Manhattan tumbler) or enjoy at home!