Guys, no joke, this chia pudding is a chocolate lover’s dream! It legitimately tastes like a mix of tiramisu & chocolate fudge cake!!!!
It’s extremely low in sugar, very high in fibre & protein (28.5g to be exact!), rich in anti-inflammatory fats, antioxidants, vitamins & minerals & SO EASY TO MAKE!
The key is nailing the chia to liquid ratio to obtain a pudding that’s more thick & cake-y!
My sister & I gave ourselves a goal to make an effort to eat more protein given how often we train & this breaky is the perfect post-workout meal because it’s loaded with all the goods: carbs for muscle refuel & recovery, protein for lean muscle & energy, fats to keep us full, antioxidants to fight inflammation in the muscles & fibre for digestion!
If chocolate isn’t your jam, you can also use vanilla protein & get this… it’ll taste like vanilla cake & you won’t be mad at it!
This breaky has legit been on repeat for me & TBH, I don’t know if I’m getting over it anytime soon!
But first… What are some of the benefits of chia seeds?
- high in fibre & antioxidants, making them great for heart health, fighting inflammation, lowering bad cholesterol, regulating blood sugar, immunity, skin health, digestion & keeping you full
- good source of anti-inflammatory omega 3 fatty acids (8x more than salmon), which boost cognitive function, promote mental stability & protect the heart
- rich in iron & calcium; iron is so important for maintaining steady energy levels, preventing chronic fatigue, brain fog & overall feelings of depletion & calcium (5x more than milk!) helps strengthen bones & reduce the risk of bone fragility & fracture
- 7x more vitamin C than oranges!
- 3x more iron than spinach!
- 2x more potassium than banana!
- provide energy, stamina & boosts physical endurance
- cleanse the colon
- boost hair, skin & nail health (high vitamin C content makes them great for promoting collagen production & synthesis & fighting aging)
- 2 tbsp. organic chia seeds
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- Splash pure organic vanilla extract
- 1 scoop vegan protein of choice or collagen
- 1 tbsp. gelatinized maca or other adaptogen/superfood powder
- Toppings: berries & 1/4 banana
- Add the ingredients to a glass jar or container & mix until incorporated.
- Refrigerate overnight to thicken up.
- In the AM, remove from the fridge, stir, add toppings & enjoy!