Oh my goodness! I just created the most delicious, nutritious, gut-healing, anti-inflammatory, thick, creamy, warm & comforting breaky bowl EVER!!
I’ve been doing a lot of reading about slippery elm & I’m so impressed with all its benefits:
- contains a substance that gels when mixed with water & coats & soothes the mouth, throat, stomach & intestines, which makes it beneficial for many digestive health issues, bloating, stomach cramps, sore throat & acid reflux.
- rich in antioxidants, so it’s great for the skin, relieving inflammation in the body & boosting immunity
- protects against ulcers & excessive acidity in the body because it causes reflux stimulation of nerves in the GI tract
- lowers stress & anxiety due to phenolic compounds
- cleanses excess waste from the colon
This porridge is a powerhouse because it also contains collagen, which promotes the growth of good bacteria, strengthens the gut lining, fights candida & leaky gut, boosts energy & muscle growth, provides protein, amino acids & beauty benefits!
- 2 tbsp. organic slippery elm powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup homemade cashew milk
- 1/2 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pure organic vanilla
- 2 scoops Collagen Peptides
- 1/3 cup frozen berries
- OPTIONAL: 1 tsp. sweetener of choice
- Add the slippery elm & water to a small skillet, heat over medium & stir until it thickens up.
- Remove from the heat, add collagen & cashew milk & whisk over medium heat until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the frozen berries & continue whisking gently until you get a porridge consistency.
- Remove from the heat, stir, add toppings & enjoy! I added 1/4 banana, berries, Ceylon cinnamon & a drizzle of organic unsweetened coconut shreds.