One of the things I love most about eating plant based is the opportunity to try new foods that I never even knew existed, one of which is DULSE!
Dulse is a type of red seaweed & it’s rich in protein, vitamins, minerals & antioxidants! It’s also a good source of iron, calcium, potassium, iodine & fibre. It supports detoxification, prevents the body’s from absorbing heavy metals (due to its alginic acid content) & environmental toxins, boosts the body’s fat-burning ability & has 2x the nutritional value of kale!!
This salad is great as a side dish & easy to pack as an on the go lunch or dinner for busy days at school or work! It’s crispy & crunchy, simple & easy to make & the dressing is light, fresh & full of vitamin C & anti-inflammatory ingredients!
- 2 cups cooked organic quinoa
- 1/3 cup chopped dulse
- 3 small cucumbers
- 2 green onions
- 4 radish
- Juice from a lemon
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. vegan Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Sea salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. raw Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool off.
- Chop the veggies & add them to a bowl.
- Once the quinoa is cooled off, add it to the bowl with the other ingredients, season, toss & enjoy!