How to motivate your dad to come home & eat a healthy dinner VS. going out to eat?
Tell him you’re making him sardines. I swear, it works!
Here’s a super easy & quick dinner recipe you can prepare in under 15 minutes… I SWEAR!
It’s bursting with garlicky citrusy flavour complemented by dried greens & coarse celtic sea salt for just the right amount of salty you need when it comes to sardines!
Sardines are one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. They’re high in omega-3s (DHA & EPA), protein, B12 & selenium (both of which are hard to get from many other foods), calcium, B vitamins, iron & potassium, which play a role in cellular function, heart health & metabolism.
They’re also super budget-friendly, reduce inflammation, enhance bone health, fight mood disorders, control blood sugar, low in mercury & pollutants, sustainable because they eat plankton, so they don’t carry the same contaminants & heavy metals as other fish!
- 6-7 medium sardines
- 2 red onions
- 1 fresh lemon, sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2.5 tbsp. dried parsley
- Celtic sea salt for drizzling
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 3 tbsp. organic red wine vinegar
- Place the lemon & onions on the bottom of an oven safe casserole.
- Top the lemon & onions with the sardines & season with the rest of the ingredients.
- Set your oven to a high broil & broil for 6 minutes until the fish is browned & crispy on the outside.