Yes, you need the roasted carrot soup in your life STAT!
So easy to make, minimal ingredients, creamy, rich, thick, nutritious, full of antioxidants, fibre, vitamin C & anti-inflammatory properties, this soup is everything you need & more in this cold weather!
Roasting the carrots is key key & really amps the flavour profile of this soup!
Trust me, you don’t want to skip that step!!
- 2 lbs. carrots
- Avocado oil spray
- Celtic sea salt
- 1 tbsp. Vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast
- 6 cups water/veggie/chicken broth or a mix of both
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Small piece of fresh ginger, minced (or 1/2 tsp. ground ginger)
- OPTIONAL: Red pepper chilli flakes or hot sauce for a spicy soup
- Preheat oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the carrots on the baking sheet, spray wth avocado oil & roast for 35 minutes.
- Once roasted, place the carrots in the blender with the rest of the ingredients & blend until a thick & creamy soup consistency is obtained.
- Remove from the blender, store in airtight containers or jars & refrigerate (or freeze if you make a bigger batch!).
- ENJOY! I topped mine with Italian seasoning & hemp hearts.