Lupini beans are one of my most recent plant protein obsessions! I’m all for discovering delicious new ways to up my protein game now that I eat plant-based & let me tell you, these were a hella discovery! They take a regular slaw from 0 to 100 real quick!
- they’re termed the “Roman supersnack”; the Roman warriors relief on a miracle bean to fuel them on long campaigns
- lupini beans are the richest source of plant protein per calorie of any play on earth (richer than soybeans, lentils, chickpeas, peanuts, quinoa, chia & almonds)
- they contain 2.6x more minerals than coconut water
- sugar-free, soy-free & 0g net carbs
- 35% more fibre than oats
- paleo, vegan & non-GMO
- easy to digest because they’re sprouted & fermented, which flushed out the enzyme inhibitors, phytates & other compounds which make other legumes hard to digest
- they have an excellent amino acid profile
- rich in antioxidants & help lower cholesterol
- 2 cups broccoli/carrot/cabbage slaw
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 green onion
- 1/4 cup garlic & herb lupini beans
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. coconut aminos
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 2 tsp. vegan Parmesan
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Add all the salad ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl & whisk until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss & enjoy!