Don’t lie, I know you want to whip your lunch up in 5 minutes… I mean, who doesn’t?! Here’s a super simple but delicious salad full of plant-protein, healthy fats & crispy crunchy fresh veggies in a light apple cider lemon vinaigrette! You know you want it!
When it comes to salads, I don’t go crazy with my dressings! I like to keep them light & I prefer to go nuts with the ingredients (no pun intended!).
Instead of using oils, I much prefer to load the salad up with raw nuts & seeds; this is just my personal preference because I actually don’t find oil adds much in terms of flavour! I’m much more of a vinegar type of gal!
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- Handful halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/2 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 1-2 tbsp. raw unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup organic chickpeas
- 1/2 tbsp. vegan Parmesan or nutritional yeast
- Juice from one lemon
- 2 tbsp. raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. organic red wine vinegar
- Cayenne, sea salt & black pepper
- 1 tsp. organic dried herbs
- More vegan Parmesan for garnishing
- Throw the ingredients into a bowl & season directly in the same bowl with the dressing ingredients.
- Toss to coat, top with more vegan park & enjoy!